The Alex Sullivan Learning Scholarship was created in memory of Alex Sullivan, who was one of the victims of the Century 16 Aurora theater shooting.
The scholarship will support students that need extra educational support – whether that be tutors, summer school, etc. Alex Sullivan was an avid comic book reader and movie nut. He used comic books as a way to deal with his lifelong struggles with dyslexia. This scholarship is a way to continue Alex’s loving spirit and his determination of overcoming the obstacles of dyslexia.
- Scholarship application acceptance period START: 03/15/2019
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is: 05/31/2019
- Refer below for eligibility requirements and application process.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
- Winners will be notified by email by: 06/20/2019
- Send questions about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aurora Rise will award $1,000 in scholarship funds that rewards students who need extra educational support. We will try to award two $500 awards – one for K – 5 and one for middle school / high school students.
- Applicant must be registered at an elementary, middle, or high school in the Denver metro area (Aurora, Denver, Parker, etc.)
- Applicant must provide either a teacher or doctor recommendation.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form.
- Letter of application addressed to the Aurora Rise Selection Committee stating their intent to apply for the scholarship and how they would like to use the funds.
- Please write a short introduction about yourself and how you could benefit your education by winning this scholarship.
- Personal Essay. In your essay, please answer the question in the application.
- Applicant must agree to a personal interview with the selection committee in person or on the phone, upon completion of the application.